Wednesday 27th March 2019
08:30 – 17:00
|8:30 – 9:00||Registration|
|9.00 – 9.15
||ICC Qatar opening remarks
QNB welcome remarks by Mr. Ali Abdullah Darwish, AGM Financial Institutions & Correspondent Banking
Kim Sindberg welcome remarks
|9.15 -11.15||Letters of Credit (L/C) – worst and best practices
|11.15 – 11.45||Networking break|
|11.45 – 12.30
||Highlights from Incoterms 2020
|12.30 – 13.30
|13.30 – 15.00
||Guarantees – worst and best practices
|15.00 – 15.30
|15.30 – 16.00
||Status on the demand guarantee standard banking practices|
|16.00 – 16.30
||Questions and answers|
|16.30 – 16.45
||Closing remarks and certificate collection|
- Course Fee – QAR 150
- ICC Qatar Members – Complimentary
- Participants will be awarded 6.5 PDUs.
Note: ON THE DAY OF THE TRAINING, ONLY CASH PAYMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED!
Welcome to the “Trade Finance Training 2019” which will cover the worst and the best practice on letters of credit and guarantees, taking outset in recent ICC guidance, case studies and examples. In addition, the training will cover Incoterms® and its relationship with letters of credit as well as offer insights to the drafting of Incoterms® 2020 which will enter into effect January 2020.
The target audience are those working with Trade Finance; for example banker, importers, exports, lawyers, forwarders and insurance companies.
Mr. Kim Sindberg
Technical Advisor to the Banking Commission of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
Founder of Sindberg Consult (www.kimsindberg.com)
Member of several national and international Trade Finance forums, and has served in several ICC working- and drafting groups.
- Technical Advisor to the ICC Banking Commission
- Member of “ICC Commission on Banking Technique and Practice”
- Member of “IIBLP European Advisory Council”
- Member of “IIBLP Council on International Standby Practices”
- Member of “ICC Denmark Trade Finance Forum”
- Chairman of the Danish “Trade Finance Compliance” working group
- Member of BAFT Europe Council working group on Anti Trade Based Money Laundering
Magazines and publications:
- ”Editor in Chief” for the electronic newsletter “Trade Services Update”
- Founder of the Trade Finance portal www.lcviews.com
- Regular contributor to international magazines with comments and articles
- Articles translated into Vietnamese, Chinese and Turkish languages.
- Co-creator of the app “Pocket Guide Series for International Trade”
- Accredited as a DOCDEX (Documentary Credit Dispute Resolution Expertise) Expert by ICC International Centre for Expertise
- Published (Trade Finance) books:
- UCP 600 Transport Documents (2012)
- From Beginning to Beginning – Trade Finance Articles from 2003 to 2011 (2012)
- Remburs – en introduktion (2012)
- Anfordringsgaranti og Standby Remburs – en introduktion (2013)
- Udenlandsk Inkasso – en introduktion (2013)
- The Cheater’s Handbook to Documentary Credits (2014)
- UCP 600 Transport Documents – 2nd Edition (2015)
- From A to UCP (2016)
- From Beginning to Beginning – Trade Finance Articles from 2003 to 2014 (Chinese and English) (2017)
Phone: + 45 50 42 42 83
E-Mail: [email protected]
Presentation will be conducted in English only
Online registration is now closed.
Registration will be open for walk in guests on site between 8:30 to 9:00 only
Please note, ON THE DAY OF THE TRAINING, ONLY CASH PAYMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED!
If you wish to attend this training but have not registered, please come to the venue directly.