ICC Membership Benefits
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) is the world’s largest business organization, with a network of over 6.5 million companies, chambers of commerce and business associations in more than 130 countries.
We work to promote international trade, responsible business conduct and a global approach to regulation through a unique mix of advocacy and standard setting activities – together with market-leading dispute resolution services.
Our members include companies from all sizes and sectors, business and employers’ federations, law firms and consultancies, chambers of commerce, as well as individual and experts involved in international business.
In December 2016, ICC became the only business organization to be granted “Observer Status” by the United Nations General Assembly.
Our Members enjoy a unique set of benefits, detailed below, which help them build the contacts and knowledge needed to navigate today’s global markets.
By joining ICC:
- You become part of the world’s largest business organization, whose members include some of the world’s most influential and dynamic companies, as well leading experts in international trade and dispute resolution.
- You benefit from ICC’s privileged links with major intergovernmental organizations, including the United Nations, the World Trade Organization, and the G20/B20.
- You contribute to advocating business positions which are brought to the attention of national governments worldwide through our network of National Committees in 90 countries.
- You help write the rules and standards that business uses every day to reduce costs and uncertainties in world trade, such as the incoterms Rules, the Uniforms Customs and Practice for Documentary Credits (UCP) and the ICC Model Contracts.
- You stay informed of new developments in international regulations through ICC’s 12 global policy commissions, covering areas such as banking, customs, intellectual property, environment, anti-corruption, taxation and the digital economy.
- You receive invitations to UN events organized by ICC.
- You build skills and extend your network by receiving member discounts on:
- Exclusive ICC events on international trade, banking and dispute resolution (up to 20%)1
- ICC Academy online courses and certifications on trade finance and export/import (15%)2
- ICC Publication, covering vital areas for international business such as arbitration, trade finance, commercial contracts and anti-corruption (20%)3.
- ICC Hotels Corporate Rate
For Chambers of Commerce:
- You automatically become members of World Chambers Federation (WCF), the backbone of the global chamber community, that unites the network of local, regional, national and bilateral chambers. A unique and truly global platform, WCF not only helps chambers innovate, but unites them globally on issues common at the grassroots level in their respective communities and within their organizations.
- As the local voice of business, your chamber is a key ally and ICC’s key point of contact in your country, helping us to ensure that the key ICC positions and policy priori1ies reach your local authorities, as well as disseminate ICC tools and services essential to your local business community.
- See our calendar of events: https://iccwbo.orq/trainings-events/
- See the catalogue of ICC Academy’s certifications and online courses: http://icc.academy/
- See the catalogue of ICC Publications on the ICC Store: http://store.iccwbo.org/
What to expect from ICC membership
UNPARALLELED NETWORKING: ICC provides business input into the G8/G20 Summits each year as it succeeds in uniting the world’s most powerful organizations. Membership will ensure your company automatically gains access to this influential global business network as ICC is also a key business partner of the World Trade Organization, helping to advance its pro-trade agenda. The ICC has also enjoyed the highest general consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations and its agencies since 1946.
WORLDWIDE REPRESENTATION: ICC speaks with authority on behalf of enterprise across all global business sectors. The ICC established the World Chambers Federation (WCF) in 1951 to advocate its chamber of commerce members worldwide, representing the interests of all local, national, regional, bilateral and transnational chambers of commerce and industry. The WCF works to strengthen links between individual chambers, enabling them to improve their performance and discover new products and services to offer its members.
GLOBAL INFLUENCE: ICC keeps pace with the changing business environment through the formulation of policy in various areas including, banking, commercial law, customs and trade regulation, e-business and taxation. By serving on ICC policy commissions, members contribute their own experience to ICC statements that subsequently influence governmental policy. ICC policy advocacy entails multilateral trade and investment, Intellectual Property protection and Internet governance through the Business Action to Stop Counterfeiting and Piracy (BASCAP) and Business Action to Support the Information Society (BASIS) initiatives.
INFORMED DECISION MAKING: Governmental and intergovernmental laws and regulations ultimately wield influence on global business activity, yet they are continuously evolving. As an ICC member you will be able to make informed decisions based on the most up-to-date information through ICC Publications, the publishing arm of ICC. The content of ICC Publications is derived from the work of ICC commissions, institutions and individual international experts. It provides resources for conducting international business and is an invaluable source of information for bankers, lawyers, arbitrators and anyone else involved in cross-border trade.
EXPERT INSIGHT: ICC is a treasure trove of information and experience in all matters affecting business operation. It has an array of products and services used by millions of businesspeople. The ICC International Court of Arbitration, created in 1923, has grown to be the most experienced institution for the resolution of international business disputes. While the ICC Institute of World Business Law holds colloquia and trains jurists from around the world on the latest issues in world business law, with a focus on arbitration.
As you can see an ICC membership provides a unique opportunity to advance the success of your business, keeping you armed with the latest information and supporting your business on the international stage. Therefore, please accept my gratitude in advance for your support of this initiative, expected to propel Qatar to the forefront of the international business community.